Note: As a subsidiary of
Te Pūkenga - New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology, UCOL is committed to providing the best learning outcome for you. As part of this, all programmes are currently being reviewed to make them portable, consistent, and closely aligned with the needs of the industry. When published, this course information is correct, but the courses offered may change over time. If you have any questions call an Enrolment Advisor on 0800 468 265.
From 2023, UCOL and the programme you have enrolled in will become part of Te Pūkenga. So, if you join UCOL in 2023, you will be awarded Te Pūkenga certification. And, if you are a current learner graduating in 2023, you will be awarded a co-branded certificate.
UCOL's Certificate in Introduction to Video Creation (Level 5) (Training Scheme) comprises 20 credits.
The programme will cover the following:
- Storyboarding and narrative visual communication
- Analysis of multiple layers of meaning, interpretation, symbolism and indirect reference
- Post production techniques, including editing
- Presentation of video and sound projects that explore the development of visual ideas generated from an initial brief through to resolution
- Basic knowledge of specialist software in video and sound editing
- Basic filming, lighting and camera techniques
- Sound recordings, including how to get clean audio with background noise
- Framing and composition related to video
- Fundamentals of visual communication and communication techniques